Monday, October 4, 2010

Typical Week

A typical week in the Morris home:

Monday:
Get up at 5:30, cook breakfast for Jeremy, and I hurry him out the door so I can get myself ready. Around 6:20, I wake up Finley to change/feed before we leave for the sitter. On a good day, we are out the door by a quarter to seven. I drop her off by 7 and complete the ride to my office, which takes about 20 mintues this early in the morning.

I leave the office a quarter after 4 to pick up Finley and we head home. Normally, she falls asleep on the ride home and this is her late evening (must have) nap. On nights when Jeremy is at work, I use it to my advantage and NOT COOK. Some time that evening I load Finley in her stroller and we walk the dog. Finley has her bath around 8pm and is down for the night by 8:45pm. I then, have an hour or two for myself.

Tuesday:I start my day around 6am. If Finley is still sleeping, I have some extra time to pick up the house a little or unload/load the dishwashers (My biggest pet peeve = dishes in the sink). Jeremy gets home between 7:30 to 8:30am , so Finley and I can get some playtime in if she is awake or I give her a morning bottle. When he arrives it’s normally a quick transition and out the door I go to work. On a typical day like today, I don’t take a lunch or eat quickly and leave work around 5. Jeremy can only be Mr. Mom for so long, however, he is doing much better!

Wednesday:
I really love these days! I get up 5:45am and get myself ready and scurry out the door, all while Jeremy and Finley are still asleep. I can get to work fairly early these days and leave a little after 4pm. This allows extra time at home for Finley and the hubbie to cook a great meal and/or spend some extra time outside.

Thursday:
It’s your Monday schedule , just on a Thursday!

Friday:Repeat of Tuesday – Wait for Jeremy to get home, so I can go to work!

Saturday:
This would be our Saturday Fun Day as a family and we are outside doing something! Oh, and did I mentioned that I can actually sleep until Miss Finley wakes me up for a change. I just love it because she wakes up talking, and she gets so excited to see me peek over her crib with a HUGE smile! It’s the highlight of my morning. (and probably hers too!)

Sunday:Even though it’s my day off, I still get up with Jeremy, make breakfast, and again, scurry him out the door for work. If it’s possible, I go back to bed until the princess wants to start her day, which is between 7:30 & 8:30am.

All of this repeats every 3 days. Unfortunately, when someone is late getting to the fire house, Jeremy is late getting home, and guess what? I’m LATE getting to work! It’s a huge RIPPLE effect (I hate being late) and I don’t care for it, however I married a fireman and wouldn’t have it any other way! Thankfully, I work for two of the most amazing people that allow my flexible schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment