Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New House = New Garden

At our last house we had an itsy bitsy teeny tiny garden compared to our NEW garden! Our last garden was small and you could only pick from one side, but this year it really has grown. Last year we planted yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and jalapenos and all did great. Over the last couple weeks we have been working on our new garden. It is going to be lovely. First started with a dump truck full of dirt that dumped this in my driveway!   


Proceeded by Finley wanting to play in it of course. It sat there for a few days until we were completely ready and then it began...



A girl after her own daddy's heart




With the help of my FIL and a couple tractors the dirt started to go in. 






There was a time when I (yep, me) was shoveling the dirt as they dumped, but of course they dumped way faster than me. 


Finley wanting to help shovel. 


We kind of had a team work effort going here. Jeremy would dig the hole, my FIL would water, Finley would plant and I would cover with dirt.




We started with transporting our onions that had been growing in the garage for the last few weeks. We also did tomatoes that day. Bring on the cucumbers, jalapenos, and jalapenos! I can't wait for the first pick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment