Wednesday, June 5, 2013

RIP HFD Brothers & Sisters

As I sit and think about the Houston Firefighters who lost their lives this last week in a horrific Motel fire and as a wife of a fireman, you can't help but let your mind go there. No matter how hard you try not too, it still happens. It's just that horrible gut wrenching feeling -

Along with this comes the opportunity for other brothers to pay it forward. While HFD would like to attend the services of their fallen brothers and sisters they need extra help. This is where firefighters from around the state and / or nation can offer their services.

So yesterday I received the call that Jeremy would be headed to HFD for an 18 hour shift at the most. I can't quite understand why I was more nervous this time about him reporting to duty at another fire station than his own. As his wife, I cannot help but worry. I know that everything will be fine, but those fallen firefighters that were lost last week, their significant other thought it was just another shift day for them as well.

So tonight I will pray that our RRFD firemen will report to duty at HFD and return unharmed in less than 24 hours. It's just another one of those times us wives have to deal with. But I can say, I 100% support and respect his decision to help out when given the opportunity. I mean the excitement in their voice is priceless.


It's because each of these babies (minus Landry) that I pray every.single.night that our daddy's come home at the end of every shift. 

We love our first responders! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a hero your husband is! Your girls must be so proud! And my hat is off to you for all the sacrifice - one of my good friends is married to a firefighter so I know how much time and dedication that takes - and the sacrifices that must follow. What a wonderful man you married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, we are so very proud of him! It is very trying at times, but again, we wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete